Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2014 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
Corporate Income Tax; Corporation Franchise Tax
Activities which do not constitute doing business for a foreign
limited liability company.
17-76,121a. Activities which do not constitute doing business for a foreign limited liability company.(a) Activities of a foreign limited liability company which do not constitute doing business within the meaning of K.S.A. 17-76,121, and amendments thereto, include:
(1) Maintaining, defending or settling an action or proceeding;
(2) holding meetings of its members or managers or carrying on any other activity concerning its internal affairs;
(3) maintaining bank accounts;
(4) maintaining offices or agencies for the transfer, exchange or registration of the company's own securities or maintaining trustees or depositories with respect to those securities;
(5) selling through independent contractors;
(6) soliciting or obtaining orders, whether by mail or through employees or agents or otherwise, if the orders require acceptance outside this state before they become contracts;
(7) selling, by contract consummated outside the state of Kansas, and agreeing, by the contract, to deliver into the state of Kansas machinery, plants or equipment, the construction, erection or installation of which within the state requires the supervision of technical engineers or skilled employees performing services not generally available, and as part of the contract of sale agreeing to furnish such services, and such services only, to the vendee at the time of construction, erection or installation;
(8) creating, as borrower or lender, or acquiring indebtedness with or without a mortgage or other security interest inproperty;
(9) collecting debts or foreclosing mortgages or other security interests in property securing the debts, and holding, protecting and maintaining property so acquired;
(10) conducting an isolated transaction that is completed within 30 days and is not one in the course of similar transactions of like nature; and
(11) transacting business in interstate commerce.
(b) A person shall not be deemed to be doing business in the state of Kansas solely by reason of being a member or manager of a domestic limited liability company or a foreign limited liability company.
(c) This section does not apply in determining whether a foreign limited liability company is subject to service of process, taxation or regulation under any other law of this state.
History: L. 2004, ch. 143, § 101; L. 2014, ch. 40, § 46; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing