Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES
BUILDINGS, STRUCTURES AND GROUNDS
Corporate Income Tax
Same; acquisition of property by gift, purchase,
exchange or eminent domain; procedure.
12-17,104. Same; acquisition of property by gift, purchase, exchange or eminent domain; procedure. The governing body of the city, on behalf of the district, shall have the right to acquire real and personal property by gift, purchase, exchange or eminent domain, as provided by K.S.A. 26-501 to 26-516, inclusive, and amendments thereto, provided that the governing body may exercise the power of eminent domain only under the following conditions:
(1) Acquisition of the land and personal property is in the public interest and is needed to further the improvement or redevelopment proposal of an existing self-supported municipal improvement district under this act.
(2) The proposal has been reviewed by the appropriate planning commission for conformance with the comprehensive plan of the city.
(3) The city has complied with K.S.A. 75-2714 to 75-2725, inclusive, and amendments thereto, and has received written approval of the state historical society as provided by K.S.A. 75-2714, and amendments thereto.
(4) The city has complied with provisions of K.S.A. 12-1771 and 12-1772, and amendments thereto.
(5) The procedures for a public hearing, notification to affected property owners and the right of appeal shall be the same as provided in subsections (d) and (e) of K.S.A. 12-1796 and 12-1797, and amendments thereto.
Upon the dissolution of the district or according to the district proposal as adopted or amended, and the retirement of all bonded indebtedness against the property, all property of the district shall become the property of the city and the city may trade or exchange or sell this property in the same manner as provided in K.S.A. 12-1301, and amendments thereto. The proceeds from such sale may be used for another public purpose.
History: L. 1981, ch. 63, § 11;L. 1988, ch. 79, § 6;L. 2001, ch. 103, § 13; April 26.
Return to KSA Listing