Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
AUTOMOBILES AND OTHER VEHICLES
LICENSURE OF VEHICLE SALES AND MANUFACTURE
Temporary trade show license; requirements; fees.
8-2444. Temporary trade show license; requirements; fees. (a) Upon proper application on a form approved by the division of vehicles, the director of vehicles may issue a license known as a temporary trade show license. A fee in the amount of $50 shall be paid by an applicant for each trade show license. Such license shall only allow the display of new trucks, truck tractors or semitrailers as defined by K.S.A. 8-126, and amendments thereto, or new recreational motor vehicles, at a location other than the established or supplemental place of business of the dealer. If trucks or truck tractors are displayed at such trade show, only trucks or truck tractors with a gross weight rating of 26,000 pounds or more shall be displayed at such trade shows. No sales transactions may occur under such temporary trade show license or at any such authorized display location.
(b) The following shall apply to the issuance of a temporary trade show license:
(1) New vehicle dealers in each particular same line-make of truck, truck tractor, semitrailer or recreational motor vehicle whose relevant market area, as defined by K.S.A. 8-2430, and amendments thereto, includes the proposed site of the trade show display, shall be invited to attend and to participate in the trade show display;
(2) the trade show shall not exceed four consecutive days;
(3) each dealer has received the prior approval of the first stage manufacturer, second stage manufacturer, first stage converter or second stage converter for each line-make of truck, truck tractor, semitrailer or recreational vehicle to be displayed and the fact the event will be a trade show has been disclosed at the time of seeking such approval;
(4) if the applicant is not a Kansas licensee, then such applicant must be licensed in a state which permits vehicle dealers licensed in Kansas who sell trucks, truck tractors, semitrailers and recreational vehicles to participate in vehicle shows in such state pursuant to conditions substantially equivalent or less than the conditions which are imposed on dealers from such state who participate in vehicle shows in Kansas;
(5) if less than 50 vehicle dealers participate as exhibitors at such trade shows, then at least 50% of the participating vehicle dealers shall be as licensed motor vehicle dealers in this state;
(6) no more than two trade show licenses shall be issued per participant per county per year;
(7) the requirements of subsections (i) and (n) of K.S.A. 8-2404, and amendments thereto, and K.S.A. 8-2405, and amendments thereto, shall be satisfied by each motor vehicle dealer;
(8) a disclaimer that the trucks, truck tractors, semitrailers or recreational motor vehicles are for display purposes only and not for sale shall be placed on such vehicles in a clear and conspicuous manner to be prescribed by the director; and
(9) such other provisions of the dealers and manufacturers licensing act, K.S.A. 8-2401 et seq., and amendments thereto, designated applicable by the director of vehicles.
(c) Any dealer displaying at any such trade show shall be licensed in this or another state as a vehicle dealer under the laws of this or another jurisdiction and shall pay a fee of $35.
(d) The provisions of this section shall be a part of and supplemental to the vehicle dealers and manufacturers licensing act.
History: L. 2002, ch. 102, § 4; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing