Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2015 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
Corporate Income Tax; Corporation Franchise Tax
Articles of organization; procedure for amendment; professional
limited liability companies, certificate by licensing body.
17-7673. Articles of organization; procedure for amendment; professional limited liability companies, certificate by licensing body. [See Revisor's Note] (a) In order to form a limited liability company, one or more authorized persons must execute articles of organization. The articles of organization shall be filed with the secretary of state and set forth:
(1) The name of the limited liability company;
(2) the address of the registered office required to be maintained by K.S.A. 2015 Supp. 17-7924, and amendments thereto, and the name of the resident agent for service of process required to be maintained by K.S.A. 2015 Supp. 17-7925, and amendments thereto;
(3) any other matters the members determine to include therein;
(4) if the limited liability company is organized to exercise the powers of a professional association or professional corporation, each such profession shall be stated; and
(5) if the limited liability company will have series, the matters required by K.S.A. 17-76,143, and amendments thereto.
(b) A limited liability company formed under this act shall be a separate legal entity, the existence of which as a separate legal entity shall continue until cancellation of the limited liability company's articles of organization.
(c) An operating agreement shall be entered into or otherwise existing either before, after or at the time of the filing of the articles of organization and, whether entered into or otherwise existing before, after or at the time of such filing, may be made effective as of the effective time of such filing or at such other time or date as provided in or reflected by the operating agreement.
(d) The articles of organization shall be amended as provided in a certificate of amendment or judicial decree of amendment upon the filing of the certificate of amendment or judicial decree of amendment with the secretary of state or upon the future effective date specified in the certificate of amendment.
(e) Upon filing the articles of organization of a limited liability company organized to exercise powers of a professional association or professional corporation, the limited liability company shall file with the secretary of state a certificate by the licensing body, as defined in K.S.A. 74-146, and amendments thereto, of the profession involved that each of the members is duly licensed to practice that profession, and that the proposed company name has been approved.
History: L. 1999, ch. 119, § 12; L. 2014, ch. 40, § 9; L. 2015, ch. 65, § 4; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing