Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
UNFAIR TRADE AND CONSUMER PROTECTION
50-6,129. Same; exemptions. (a) The roofing contractor registration act shall not apply to:
(1) An actual owner of commercial, residential or farm property who physically performs, or has employees who perform, roofing services including, construction, installation, renovation, repair, maintenance, alteration, waterproofing or removal of materials or structures on such owner's own dwelling or another structure located on the residential or farm property owned by such person without the assistance of any registered roofing contractor;
(2) any authorized employee, representative or representatives of the United States government, the state of Kansas, or any county, municipality, or other political subdivision of this state;
(3) any person who furnishes any fabricated or finished product, material, or article of merchandise which is not incorporated into or attached to real property by such person so as to become affixed thereto;
(4) any person employed by a manufactured home and modular home manufacturer while performing services and work for the manufactured home and modular home manufacturer;
(5) any person registered as a home inspector pursuant to K.S.A. 58-4501 et seq., and amendments thereto, while performing functions pursuant to that act;
(6) any person employed by a manufactured home dealer while acting within the scope of that license;
(7) any person employed as a manufactured home installer while acting within the scope of that license; and
(8) any person who engages in providing roofing services that on each and every undertaking or project during any fiscal year bear an aggregate price, including labor, materials and all other items, that is quoted, bid, offered, agreed, contracted, billed, collected and paid at less than $2,000. This exemption does not apply to a person who advertises or puts out any sign or card or other device which might indicate to the public that the person is a roofing contractor or that the person is qualified to engage in the business of a roofing contractor.
(b) Any administrative or governing body with authority to enter into public contracts shall require individual roofing contractor registration for purposes of such persons submitting or entering into any bid or contract.
History: L. 2013, ch. 115, § 9; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing