Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2014 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
Corporate Income Tax; Corporation Franchise Tax
Fees for documents or services of secretary of state.
17-76,136. Fees for documents or services of secretary of state. (a) The secretary of state shall charge each domestic and foreign limited liability company the following fees:
(1) A fee of $20 for issuing or filing and indexing any of the following documents:
(A) A certificate of amendment of articles of organization;
(B) restated articles of organization;
(C) a certificate of cancellation;
(D) a certificate of change of location of registered office or resident agent;
(E) a certificate of merger or consolidation; and
(F) any certificate, affidavit, agreement or any other paper provided for in this act, for which no different fee is specifically prescribed;
(2) a fee of $7.50 for each certified copy plus a fee per page, if the secretary of state supplies the copies, in an amount fixed by the secretary of state and approved by the director of accounts and reports for copies of corporate documents under K.S.A. 45-204, and amendments thereto;
(3) a fee of $7.50 for each certificate of good standing and certificate of fact issued by the secretary of state;
(4) a fee of $5 for a report of record search, but furnishing the following information shall not be considered a record search and no charge shall be made therefor: Name of the limited liability company and the address of its registered office; name and address of the resident agent; the state of the limited liability company's formation; the date of filing of its articles of organization or annual report; and date of expiration; and
(5) for photocopies of instruments on file or prepared by the secretary of state's office and which are not certified, a fee per page in an amount fixed by the secretary of state and approved by the director of accounts and reports for copies of corporate documents under K.S.A. 45-204, and amendments thereto.
(b) Every limited liability company hereafter formed in this state shall pay to the secretary of state, at the time of filing its articles of organization, an application and recording fee of $150.
(c) At the time of filing its application to do business, every foreign limited liability company shall pay to the secretary of state an application and recording fee of $150.
(d) The fee for filing a certificate of reinstatement shall be the same as that prescribed by K.S.A. 17-7506, and amendments thereto, for filing a certificate of reinstatement of a corporation's articles of incorporation.
History: L. 1999, ch. 119, § 75; L. 2014, ch. 40, § 58; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing