Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2019 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
INTOXICATING LIQUORS AND BEVERAGES
LICENSING AND RELATED PROVISIONS; CITY OPTION
Alcoholic Beverage Control
Retailer's license; rights of licensee.
41-308. Retailer's license; rights of licensee. (a) Except as provided in K.S.A. 2019 Supp. 41-308d, and amendments thereto, a retailer's license shall allow the licensee to sell and offer for sale at retail and deliver in the original package, as therein prescribed, alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage for use or consumption off and away from the premises specified in such license.
(b) A retailer's license shall permit sale and delivery of alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage only on the licensed premises and shall not permit sale of alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage for resale in any form, except that a licensed retailer may:
(1) Sell alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage to a temporary permit holder for resale by such permit holder; and
(2) sell and deliver alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage to a caterer or to the licensed premises of a public venue, club or drinking establishment, if such premises are in the county where the retailer's premises are located or in an adjacent county, for resale by such public venue, club, establishment or caterer.
(c) A retailer may:
(1) Charge a delivery fee for delivery of alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage to a public venue, club, drinking establishment or caterer pursuant to subsection (b);
(2) sell lottery tickets and shares to the public in accordance with the Kansas lottery act, if the retailer is selected as a lottery retailer;
(3) include in the sale of alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage any goods included by the manufacturer in packaging with the alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage, subject to the approval of the director;
(4) distribute to the public, without charge, consumer advertising specialties bearing advertising matter, subject to rules and regulations of the secretary limiting the form and distribution of such specialties so that they are not conditioned on or an inducement to the purchase of alcoholic liquor or cereal malt beverage;
(5) store alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage in refrigerators, cold storage units, ice boxes or other cooling devices, and the licensee may sell such alcoholic liquor and cereal malt beverage to consumers in a chilled condition; and
(6) sell any other good or service on the licensed premises, except that the gross sales of other goods and services, excluding fees derived from the sale of lottery tickets and revenues from sales of cigarettes and tobacco products, shall not exceed 20% of the retailer's total gross sales.
(d) All alcoholic liquor, cereal malt beverage and nonalcoholic malt beverage sold by a holder of a retail license shall be subject to the liquor enforcement tax imposed by K.S.A. 79-4101, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 1949, ch. 242, § 24; L. 1971, ch. 173, § 1; L. 1978, ch. 186, § 2; L. 1979, ch. 152, § 3; L. 1987, ch. 182, § 18; L. 1987, ch. 292, § 25; L. 1987, ch. 183, § 1; L. 1992, ch. 169, § 1; L. 2012, ch. 144, § 10; L. 2017, ch. 56, § 6; L. 2019, ch. 18, § 2; Apr. 1.
Return to KSA Listing