Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
STATE BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND AUTHORITIES
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Kansas Retailers' Sales Tax; Corporate Income Tax; Individual Income Tax; Privilege
Nonmetropolitan regional business program; criteria.
74-50,116. Nonmetropolitan regional business program; criteria. (a) The secretary shall establish a nonmetropolitan regional business program. The secretary shall establish criteria for the establishment of nonmetropolitan regions under such program and, in addition to other criteria established by the secretary, such criteria shall include the following:
(1) A nonmetropolitan region, at a minimum, shall be comprised of a county;
(2) any city with a population of 2,000, or more, within a county proposing to establish a nonmetropolitan region must consent to participation in such nonmetropolitan region by entering into a written agreement with such county; and
(3) no city or cities of a county nor any portion of a county may be a part of a nonmetropolitan region if the whole county does not agree to the inclusion of such county in the region.
(b) The governing body of a city and the board of county commissioners of any county making application to the secretary for the designation of a nonmetropolitan region under this section shall submit, in addition to the application, a resolution requesting such area be approved as a nonmetropolitan region.
(c) To qualify for the establishment of a nonmetropolitan region under this section, a county or counties shall:
(1) File with the secretary a statement that a regional economic development organization has been established which has a membership located throughout the region served by the organization with representation of the manufacturing businesses, nonmanufacturing businesses and retail businesses participating under the program;
(2) adopt a regional strategic plan and have such plan filed with and reviewed by the secretary; and
(3) demonstrate a commitment to offering incentives which are regional in nature or which exact local support, such as public transportation, technical assistance, revitalization funding, infrastructure improvement funding and property tax abatements.
History: L. 1992, ch. 202, § 4; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing