Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
STATE DEPARTMENTS; PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
Annual report of employee organizations; contents; fee;
alternative filing of federal reports; exemption.
75-4337. Annual report of employee organizations; contents; fee; alternative filing of federal reports; exemption. (a) Every employee organization operating in the state of Kansas and having 100 or more members shall file an annual report with the secretary of state on or before April 15, showing the financial condition of the employee organization on the December 31 next preceding the date of filing or at the close of business on the last day of the organization's fiscal year next preceding the date of filing. Each annual report filed under this section shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $5. The secretary of state may upon showing of reasonable cause grant an extension of time for filing of annual report.
(b) The annual report shall be in such form as the board shall prescribe and shall include:
(1) The name of the employee organization;
(2) the location and mailing address of its office;
(3) the name and title of each of its officers and registered business agents, together with the salaries, wages, bonuses and other remuneration paid each, and mailing address of each;
(4) the date of the regular election of officers of such employee organization;
(5) the rate of its initiation fees, dues, assessments and any other periodic payments required of its members; and
(6) an audited statement of the income, expenditures, assets and liabilities of the employee organization.
(c) In lieu of filing an annual report in the form prescribed by the board under subsection (b) of this section, the employee organization may file copies of the reports required to be filed with the United States department of labor by the federal labor management reporting and disclosure act of 1959, 29 U.S.C.A. § 431, et seq., as follows:
(1) By having on file with the secretary of state a copy of the labor organization information report form LM-1 which is currently on file with the United States department of labor; and
(2) by filing annually as required in subsection (a) of this section, a copy of the labor organization annual report form LM-2 or form LM-3 which is filed with the United States department of labor and covers a reporting period specified in subsection (a).
(d) Every employee organization which has filed an annual report as a labor organization under the provisions of K.S.A. 44-806 and amendments thereto shall be deemed to have fully satisfied the requirements of this section and shall not be required to file an annual report under this section.
History: L. 1973, ch. 363, § 4; L. 1974, ch. 207, § 8; L. 1980,ch. 150, § 2; L. 1982, ch. 363, § 11; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing