Kansas Administrative Regulations
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Corporate Income Tax; Individual Income Tax; Privilege
Tax credit application.
92-12-142. Tax credit application.
(a) Each contributor making a contribution to an educational institution, or to an endowment association or foundation on behalf of the educational institution, shall complete a tax credit application with the educational institution, endowment association, or foundation on a form furnished by the secretary. The application may be filed by electronic means in a manner approved by the secretary. Each application shall include the following information:
(1) The name, address, and either the employer identification number or the social security number of the contributor;
(2) if the contributor is an S-corporation, a partnership, or a limited liability company, the following information:
(A) The name of each shareholder, partner, or member;
(B) the employer identification number or social security number of each shareholder, partner, or member; and
(C) each shareholder’s, partner’s, or member’s proportionate share of the income or loss of the corporation, partnership, or limited liability company;
(3) the name of the educational institution or the endowment association or foundation to which the contribution is being made and the fund in which the contribution will be deposited;
(4) the amount and form of the contribution;
(5) the date of the contribution; and
(6) any other relevant information that the secretary requires.
(b) The chief executive officer of the educational institution, endowment association, or foundation shall submit the completed tax credit application and supporting documentation to the secretary for review. The educational institution, endowment association, or foundation shall receive written notification from the secretary when the application is approved or denied. The chief executive officer of the educational institution, endowment association, or foundation shall provide a copy of this approval or denial to the contributor that has made the contribution. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2007 Supp. 79-32,261; effective June 20, 2008.)
Return to KSA Listing