HOUSE BILL No. 2698
An Act concerning taxation; relating to real estate sales validation questionnaires;
amending K.S.A. 79-1437e and repealing the existing section.
Section 1. K.S.A. 79-1437e is hereby amended to read as follows: 79-
1437e. (a) The real estate sales validation questionnaire required by this
act shall not apply to transfers of title:
(1) Recorded prior to the effective date of this act;
(2) made solely for the purpose of securing or releasing security for
a debt or other obligation;
(3) made for the purpose of confirming, correcting, modifying or sup-
plementing a deed previously recorded, and without additional consid-
(4) by way of gift, donation or contribution stated in the deed or other
(5) to cemetery lots;
(6) by leases and transfers of severed mineral interests;
(7) to or from a trust, and without consideration;
(8) resulting from a divorce settlement where one party transfers in-
terest in property to the other;
(9) made solely for the purpose of creating a joint tenancy or tenancy
(10) by way of a sheriff's deed;
(11) by way of a deed which has been in escrow for longer than five
(12) by way of a quit claim deed filed for the purpose of clearing title
(13) when title is transferred to convey right-of-way or pursuant to
(14) made by a guardian, executor, administrator, conservator or trus-
tee of an estate pursuant to judicial order; or
(15) when title is transferred due to repossession.; or
(16) made for the purpose of releasing an equitable lien on a previ-
ously recorded affidavit of equitable interest, and without additional con-
(b) When a real estate sales validation questionnaire is not required
due to one or more of the exemptions provided in subsection (a), the
exemption shall be clearly stated on the document being filed.
Sec. 2. K.S.A. 79-1437e is hereby repealed.
Sec. 3. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its
publication in the statute book.
Approved April 4, 2002.
Date Composed: 10/10/2002 Date Modified: 10/10/2002