Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
STATE BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND AUTHORITIES
INFORMATION NETWORK OF KANSAS
Same; creation; governing board, membership; officers elected
annually; quorum; vote to take action.
74-9303. Same; creation; governing board, membership; officers elected annually; quorum; vote to take action. (a) There is hereby created a body politic and corporate to be known as the information network of Kansas, Inc. INK is hereby constituted as a public instrumentality and the exercise by INK of the authority and powers conferred by this act shall be deemed and held to be the performance of an essential governmental function.
(b) INK shall be governed by a board consisting of nine members as follows:
(1) The secretary of state;
(2) two members who are chief executive officers of agencies of the executive branch, appointed by the governor who shall serve at the pleasure of the governor;
(3) one member appointed by the governor from a list of three Kansas bar association members submitted by such association. Such member shall serve a three-year term;
(4) three members from other user associations of a statewide character appointed by the governor from a list of not less than nine individuals and their respective user associations compiled by the board of INK and submitted to the governor. No two members appointed pursuant to this paragraph shall represent the same user association. The terms for such members shall be for a period of three years, except initially, when the terms shall be for one, two and three years, respectively;
(5) one member appointed by the governor from a list submitted by the president of the Kansas public libraries association and comprised of three librarians employed by public libraries. Following the initial appointment hereunder, such list shall be comprised of librarians of public libraries which subscribe to INK. Such member shall serve a three-year term; and
(6) the executive chief information technology officer.
(c) The board shall annually elect one member from the board as chairperson of INK, another as vice-chairperson and another as secretary.
(d) Five members of the board shall constitute a quorum and the affirmative vote of five members shall be necessary for any action taken by the board. No vacancy in the membership of the board shall impair the right of a quorum to exercise all the rights and perform all the duties of the board.
History: L. 1990, ch. 266, § 3; L. 1990, ch. 274, § 2; L. 2013, ch. 62, § 8; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing