Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2017 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
INTOXICATING LIQUORS AND BEVERAGES
CEREAL MALT BEVERAGES
Alcoholic Beverage Control
Certain sales practices prohibited; penalties.
41-2722. Certain sales practices prohibited; penalties. [See Revisor's Note] (a) No retailer, or employee or agent of a retailer, licensed to sell cereal malt beverage for consumption on the licensed premises shall:
(1) Offer or serve any free cereal malt beverage to any person;
(2) offer or serve to any person a drink at a price that is less than the acquisition cost of the drink to the licensee;
(3) sell, offer to sell or serve to any person an unlimited number of drinks during any set period of time for a fixed price, except at private functions not open to the general public;
(4) encourage or permit, on the licensed premises, any game or contest which involves drinking cereal malt beverage or the awarding of drinks as prizes; or
(5) advertise or promote in any way, whether on or off the licensed premises, any of the practices prohibited under subsections (a)(1) through (4).
(b) A retailer may:
(1) Offer free food or entertainment at any time;
(2) sell, offer to sell and serve individual drinks at different prices throughout any day; or
(3) sell or serve cereal malt beverage in a pitcher capable of containing not more than 64 fluid ounces.
(c) Violation of any provisions of this section is a misdemeanor punishable as provided by K.S.A. 41-2711, and amendments thereto.
(d) Violation of any provision of this act shall be grounds for suspension or revocation of the retailer's license as provided by K.S.A. 41-2708, and amendments thereto.
(e) Every licensee subject to the provisions of this section shall make available at any time upon request a price list showing the licensee's current prices for all cereal malt beverages.
(f) This section shall be part of and supplemental to K.S.A. 41-2701 through 41-2721, and amendments thereto.
History: L. 1985, ch. 173, § 5; L. 1986, ch. 185, § 8; L. 2012, ch. 144, § 43; July 1.
CAUTION: Section was amended effective April 1, 2019, see L. 2017 ch. 56, § 12.
Return to KSA Listing