Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
AUTOMOBILES AND OTHER VEHICLES
Commercial driver's licenses; school bus endorsement;
waiver of driving skills test; requirements.
8-2,149. Commercial driver's licenses; school bus endorsement; waiver of driving skills test; requirements. (a) Until September 30, 2005, the driving skills test required under 49 C.F.R. 383.123 may be waived for an applicant for a school bus endorsement, if such applicant is currently licensed, has experience driving a school bus, has a good driving record and meets the conditions contained in subsection (b).
(b) An applicant must certify and the division must verify that, during the two-year period immediately prior to applying for the school bus endorsement, the applicant:
(1) Held a valid commercial driver's license with a passenger vehicle endorsement to operate a school bus representative of the group the application [applicant] will be driving;
(2) has not had such applicant's driver's license or commercial driver's license suspended, revoked or canceled or been disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle;
(3) has not been convicted of any of the disqualifying offenses in subsection (a) or (e) of K.S.A. 8-2,142, and amendments thereto;
(4) has not had more than one conviction of any of the serious traffic violations defined in K.S.A. 8-2,128, and amendments thereto, while operating any type motor vehicle;
(5) has not had any conviction for a violation of state or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control, other than a parking violation, arising in connection with any traffic accident;
(6) has not been convicted of any motor vehicle traffic violation that resulted in an accident; and
(7) has been regularly employed as a school bus driver, has operated a school bus representative of the group the applicant seeks to drive and provides evidence of such employment.
(c) The provisions of this section shall be a part of and supplemental to the Kansas uniform commercial drivers' license act.
History: L. 2003, ch. 42, § 1; Apr. 17.
Return to KSA Listing