Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2019 Legislative Session

Statute Number:41-1202
Tax Type:Alcoholic Beverage Control
Brief Description:Temporary permit holders; acquisition of alcoholic liquor; conduct
within boundary of permitted premises.


41-1202.Temporary permit holders; acquisition of alcoholic liquor; conduct within boundary of permitted premises.(a) A temporary permit holder shall only purchase alcoholic liquor from a retailer or a farm winery and may receive delivery of such alcoholic liquor from a distributor.
(b) Temporary permit holders shall only purchase alcoholic liquor from a retailer who possesses a federal wholesaler's basic permit and who has a sign on display at the licensed premises that states that the licensee is a "Wholesale Liquor Dealer Under Federal Law." All alcoholic liquor purchased on any one day shall be removed from the licensed premises of the retailer or farm winery within 48 hours. Temporary permit holders shall not warehouse any alcoholic liquor on the licensed premises of any retailer or farm winery for more than 48 hours.
(c) Each temporary permit holder, when purchasing alcoholic liquor from a retailer or farm winery, shall obtain and keep for at least one year from the date of purchase a sales receipt that contains the following information:
(1) The date of purchase;
(2) the name and address of the retailer or farm winery;
(3) the name and address of the temporary permit holder as it appears on the temporary permit;
(4) the brand, size, proof and amount of all alcoholic liquor purchased; and
(5) the subtotal of the cost of all alcoholic liquor purchased, and the total cost of such purchase, including enforcement tax.
(d) Each temporary permit holder shall be responsible for all violations of the club and drinking establishment act by the following people while on the permit premises:
(1) An employee of the temporary permit holder, or of any person contracting with the temporary permit holder to provide services or food in connection with an event; or
(2) any individual dispensing, mixing or serving alcoholic liquor at an event.
(e) Except for a temporary permit holder who has obtained such permit for the sale of alcoholic liquor at a charitable auction or for the sale of one or more limited issue porcelain containers containing alcoholic liquor, no temporary permit holder shall sell alcoholic liquor for removal from or consumption off the licensed premises, except that alcoholic liquor may be removed to a drinking establishment that has extended its premises into the event area in accordance with K.S.A.41-2608, and amendments thereto.
(f) The boundary of any premises covered by a temporary permit shall be marked by a line of demarcation.
History:L. 2019, ch. 57, 2; May 2.

Date Composed: 10/15/2019 Date Modified: 10/15/2019