Kansas Administrative Regulations
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE -- DIVISION OF A.B.C.
Intoxicating Liquors and Beverages
Issuance of permit.
14-23-4 Issuance of permit. (a) A temporary permit shall be issued to each applicant determined by the director to have satisfied the requirements of the club and drinking establishment act and this article of these regulations.
(b) An application for a temporary permit may be rejected by the director if:
(1) the applicant, or any officer, director, partner, registered agent, trustee, manager or owner of the applicant has previously owned or operated any type of temporary permit, club, drinking establishment or caterer's license, and at the time the previous temporary permit or license was surrendered, the temporary permit holder or licensee had been ordered to appear and show cause why the temporary permit or license should not be revoked or suspended;
(2) the applicant has been granted four permits in the current calendar year;
(3) the applicant has designated an area for an event which was the subject of the order to appear and show cause as set forth in paragraph (1), above, and it appears that the new application for a temporary permit covering the premises is an attempt to avoid any possible remedial action taken by the director against the former licensee;
(4) the applicant has had a license or permit revoked under the club and drinking establishment act or has been convicted of a violation of the club and drinking establishment act, the liquor control act, K.S.A. 41-2701 et seq. or K.S.A. 79-
41a01 et seq.; or
(5) the application is not filed with the director at least 14 days prior to the event. (Authorized by K.S.A. 1989 Supp. 41-2634; implementing 1989 Supp. K.S.A. 41-2645 as amended by L. 1990, Ch. 179, Sec. 8; effective, T-88-22, July 1, 1987; effective May 1, 1988; effective July 1, 1990; amended July 1, 1991.)
Return to KSA Listing