Kansas Administrative Regulations
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE -- DIVISION OF A.B.C.
RETAIL LIQUOR DEALER
Intoxicating Liquors and Beverages
"Doing business as" names.
14-13-15. ‘‘Doing business as’’ names.
(a) Each applicant for a retailer’s license shall include in the license application the ‘‘doing business as’’ (d/b/a) name by which the applicant wishes to operate the store for which licensure is sought.
(b) An application with a d/b/a name that suggests to the public that multiple stores are part of a chain or are owned or operated by a corporation shall not be approved by the director.
(c) Each retailer shall post its d/b/a name within the store or on the exterior of the store.
(d) Each retailer wishing to change its approved d/b/a name shall submit, on a form prescribed by the director, a request for approval to change its d/b/a name. The request shall contain all of the following:
(1) The retailer’s name and license number;
(2) the retailer’s current d/b/a name; and
(3) the retailer’s requested new d/b/a name.
(e) The director may deny a retailer’s request to change its d/b/a name for any of the following reasons:
(1) The requested d/b/a name is currently in use in the same county where the retailer’s premises is located.
(2) The requested d/b/a name misleads the public by indicating that the retail store is part of a chain.
(3) The requested d/b/a name misleads the public by indicating that the retail store is owned by a corporation. (Authorized by K.S.A. 41-210; implementing K.S.A. 41-211 and K.S.A. 2011 Supp. 41-311, as amended by L. 2012, ch. 144, sec. 14; effective July 5, 2002; amended Feb. 22, 2013.)
Return to KSA Listing