Kansas Administrative Regulations
KANSAS DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE -- DIVISION OF A.B.C.
Intoxicating Liquors and Beverages
Applications and renewals; documents required.
14-22-2 Applications and renewals; documents required. Each application for a caterer's license shall be made upon forms prepared by the director and shall contain all information as the director deems necessary. Any application which does not contain all required information may be returned to the applicant without the application being considered on its merits.
(a) General requirements. Each application for a caterer's license shall be accompanied by the following documents and all other documents the director deems necessary:
(1) a copy of a written lease, with at least nine months remaining in its term from the date the license is issued, or proof of ownership by the applicant of the principal place of business sought to be licensed;
(2) the registration fee in the form of a certified check, cashier's check, money order or cash. Personal or business checks shall not be accepted;
(3) the license fee in the form of a certified check, cashier's check, money order or cash. Personal or business checks shall not be accepted; and
(4) a disclosure statement listing each officer, manager, director, trustee, owner, partner, grantor, beneficiary or stockholder owning a beneficial interest in a corporate applicant, and the spouses of these individuals. The disclosure statement shall certify that all the individuals listed are not disqualified from obtaining a caterer's license as provided in K.A.R. 14-22-3.
(b) Corporations. In addition to the documents required under subsection (a), each application on behalf of a corporation shall include:
(1) a certified copy of the articles of incorporation as a Kansas domestic for-profit corporation;
(2) a copy of the corporate bylaws; and
(3) an appointment of process agent together with a power of attorney authorizing said agent to conduct the business of the caterer and receive all service of process on behalf of the caterer. The process agent shall be an individual.
(c) Partnerships. In addition to the documents required by subsection (a), each application on behalf of a partnership shall include a copy of the partnership agreement.
(d) Trusts. In addition to the documents required by subsection (a), each application on behalf of a trust shall include a copy of the declaration of trust or other documents setting forth the aims and purposes of the trust. (Authorized by K.S.A. 1991 Supp. 41-2634; implementing K.S.A. 1991 Supp. 41-2606, 41-2610, 41-2622, 41-2623 as amended by 1992 HB 2719; 41-2625; effective, T-88-22, July 1, 1987; effective May 1, 1988; amended, T-14-11-9-92, Nov. 9, 1992; amended Dec. 21, 1992.)
Return to KSA Listing