HOUSE BILL No. 2082
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Kansas:
Section 1. (a) A provision in the following for a nonprobate transfer
on death is nontestamentary:
(1) Insurance policy or annuity contract;
(2) contract of employment;
(3) current employee compensation or benefit program;
(4) deferred compensation or pension plan, including programs de-
scribed in sections 401(a), 403(b), 457 or 501(c)(18) of the federal internal
revenue code of 1986 as in effect on January 1, 2001;
(5) individual retirement plan, whether custodial or otherwise; or
(6) account established pursuant to a qualified state tuition program
under section 529 of the federal internal revenue code of 1986 as in effect
on January 1, 2001.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) do not limit rights of creditors
under other laws of this state.
Sec. 2. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its
publication in the statute book.
Approved March 27, 2000.
Date Composed: 09/25/2001 Date Modified: 09/25/2001