Kansas Statutes Annotated
Updated Through the 2013 Legislative Session
Return to KSA Listing
INTOXICATING LIQUORS AND BEVERAGES
LICENSURE AND REGULATION OF SALE OF LIQUOR BY THE DRINK
Alcoholic Beverage Control
Public venue license; rights of licensee; rules and regulations.
41-2655. Public venue license; rights of licensee; rules and regulations. (a) A license for a public venue shall allow the licensee to:
(1) Offer for sale, sell and serve alcoholic liquor by the individual drink for consumption on the licensed premises;
(2) offer for sale, sell and serve unlimited drinks for a fixed price in designated areas of the licensed premises;
(3) offer for sale and sell all inclusive packages which include unlimited drinks in designated areas of the licensed premises;
(4) offer for sale, sell and serve alcoholic liquor in the original container for consumption on the licensed premises in private suites, which are enclosed or semi-enclosed seating areas, having controlled access and separated from the general admission areas by a permanent barrier;
(5) store, in each private suite, which is an enclosed or semi-enclosed seating area, having controlled access and separated from the general admission areas by a permanent barrier, alcoholic liquor sold in the original container to a customer in that private suite; and
(6) with the approval of the retailer or distributor, return for a full refund of the original purchase price unopened containers of alcoholic liquor to the retailer or distributor from whom such items were purchased upon the conclusion of an event if the next scheduled event for that premises is more than 90 days from the date of the concluded event.
(b) An applicant or public venue licensee shall specify in the application for a license, or renewal of a license, the premises to be licensed. No public venue licensee may offer for sale, sell or serve any alcoholic liquor in any area not included in the licensed premises.
(c) The term "designated areas" for purposes of this section shall mean an area identified in the license application, which may include suites, that has controlled access and is separated from the general admission by a barrier.
(d) The provisions of this section shall take effect and be in force from and after July 1, 2012.
(e) All rules and regulations adopted on and after July 1, 2012, and prior to July 1, 2013, to implement this section shall continue to be effective and shall be deemed to be duly adopted rules and regulations of the secretary until revised, amended, revoked or nullified pursuant to law.
(f) This section shall be a part of and supplemental to the club and drinking establishment act.
History: L. 2012, ch. 144, § 1; L. 2013, ch. 130, § 13; July 1.
Return to KSA Listing