Kansas Administrative Regulations

Regulation Number:92-13-9
Article Title: Interstate Motor Fuel Use Tax
Tax Type:Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax
Brief Description:Trip permits and emergency authorizations.


92-13-9. Motor fuel permits and emergency authorization. (a) Both 24-hour and 72-hour motor fuel permits shall be issued on forms prescribed by the director. Any interstate motor fuel user may request not more than three motor fuel permits for each commercial motor vehicle identification number (VIN) at the same time. Each interstate motor fuel user requesting a motor fuel permit shall submit the requested information and the applicable fee payment to a designee of the secretary of revenue at a motor carrier inspection station or at any other location where a designee of the secretary is located. Each requested motor fuel permit shall be issued or denied by the secretary’s designee.
(b) Any interstate motor fuel user may operate a commercial motor vehicle in the state without a motor fuel permit by authorization of the director if the secretary of revenue determines that an emergency has arisen. The highway patrol, motor carrier inspectors, and other appropriate personnel shall be notified by the director of the emergency situation and the time frame for the emergency authorization. (Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 2005 Supp. 79-34,118, as amended by L. 2006, Ch. 119, 1, K.S.A. 79-34,119, and K.S.A. 79-34,123; effective Jan. 1, 1966; amended Jan. 1, 1972; amended, E-80-2, Jan. 18, 1979; amended May 1, 1979; amended Nov. 17, 2006.)